Truly exceptional 19th century manor, close to Biarritz.
Weekly price guide: POA
Property Ref: DOM1921
The domaine, set within a six acre estate, is situated near the picturesque village of Soustons. With the Atlantic ocean and ‘Lac de Soustons’ both so close, you have the best of both worlds, making this Basque home ideal for family and friends of any age.
Built at the beginning of the 20th century and carefully restored in 2002, this is one of the largest houses in Soustons with nine spacious bedrooms, most of them en suite, a traditional grand reception hall and living room, a beautiful dining room and a billiard room. Throughout you will discover many original features such as oak floors, marble fireplaces, impressive high ceilings and a stunning oak staircase.
Step outside to discover the large heated swimming pool, a shaded terrace with its summer kitchen perfect for al-fresco dining and a wealth of activities from the tennis court to football, volleyball and boules. The gardens are glorious and contain beautiful old trees that are over 100 years old.
This is a wonderful base for exploring this exceptional region, famous for its long stretches of sandy beaches, surfing hotspots, majestic lakes, forests and world-famous golf courses. Head to the nearby Étang de Soustons for a variety of watersports or drive to Plage Soustons where you will find great dunes and magnificent waves contrasting the gentle waters and beaches of the salt-water marine lake and its pretty island.
Enjoy seasonal festivities in the local village, just a short walk away, or discover the delights of Hosseger, a surfing hangout with cool cafes and shops. The spa-town of Dax with its hot springs and Roman ruins is also a great day out, especially on market day, or drive south to visit the glamourous seaside town of Biarritz, just under an hour away.
Whether surfing the ocean waves, paddling in the lakes or relaxing by the swimming pool, a great holiday home in this beautiful part of south-western France.
- Main lounge with doors leading out to gardens
- TV/reading room with marble fireplace
- Billiard room with pool table
- Dining room with marble fireplace and French doors leading out to terrace
- Hall area with sofa
- 2 x bedrooms with fireplaces and en suite bathrooms
- 1 x bedroom with terrace and en suite bathroom
- Two bedroom suite with fireplace, dressing room, bathroom with jacuzzi and WC plus south-facing balcony
- Bedroom with sauna and en suite bathroom
- 2 x bedrooms with en suite bathroom and balcony
- Bedroom with en suite bathroom
All bedrooms are either double (140cm to 180cm size beds) or twin/doubles. There are two bathrooms with baths, the other six feature showers
- Heated swimming pool (15x7m, depth: 1.85m) with electric safety cover and safety fence. Open all year round and heated on request from approximately June to end of September
- Poolside terrace
- Jacuzzi (2.4x2.4m, up to 6 guests)
- Al-fresco dining area with summer kitchen and BBQ
- Tennis court (racquets and balls provided)
- Estate (6 acres) bordering on to a small river
- Table tennis
- Bikes (approximately 14)
- Swing and slide
- Parking area
Terms & Conditions
Security deposit 1500 Euros. This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
Energy costs included in the rental price.
All Linen and towels included in the rental price.
Pool heating charged in addition if needed (€50 per day).
No pets allowed.
Changeover day Saturday.
No smoking in the property.
French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
Insurance: It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.