Chateau idyllically set in a timeless village.
Weekly price guide: £1703-£2554
Property Ref: CHA2426
The 900 years old historical Chateau is located in the Western Loire Region only an hour from the Atlantic coast, on a hilly country landscape. The chateau is idyllically set in a timeless village reachable by foot.Take in the expansive views of picturesque landscape including gently rolling hills, woodlands, pastures, old stone houses, cultivated fields and an ancient tower. The 900 year old Chateau castle has been the backdrop to several centuries of love, war and peace. Poets and eminent personnalities have lived in this domain, each century leavings their mark.In the 17th century, the age of Louis XIII, the old fort became a large seignorial home. The owners live in the main part of the castle and they rent 2 historical wings of the large castle: The XVII th century Chateau and (or) the medieval Chateau Keep. The chateau is located in a 15 hectare park with the most incredible old and exotic trees, flowers and foliage. Both houses have their own outdoor space with garden furniture and barbecue available. The heated pool in summer is shared with other guests. The pool is open from 9am to 7 pm. This property is suitable for weddings.
|Bedrooms:||Five Bedrooms :
- Alcove: double bed accommodation (160cm x 200cm), shower and WC
- Charette: double bed accommodation (160cm x 190cm), a sofa bed and sink
- Rose: double bed accommodation (160cm x 200cm) with en suite bathroom
- Trianon: small accommodation with a french bed (140cm) and it shares the bathroom with the Rose room
- On a half floor you have a falmily room : Le Figuier with a large bed and a canape for 2 children
|Living Rooms:||The pavillon, dated from Louis XIII, is an independent wing of the medieval castle, integrating an ancient defensive tower which was transformed into lodging in the 17th century. The accommodation has a ground floor and a first floor. The pavillon is an independent wing of the medieval castle, integrating an ancient defensive tower which was transformed into lodging in the 17th century.The accommodation is split over the ground floor and a first floor.
- The large dining room is in the corner tower. Do note the remarkable canoniere, an opening in the thick walls dating to the 15th century from which the castle could be defended.
- The dining room has a table for 14 to 16 settings and opens into the exterior.
- The kitchen is largely open plan (American style kitchen)with the dining room and is well equipped.
- A guest toilet and sink are in the entry hall.
- The living room is in the corner tower, with wood beams and an ancient stone chimney.
|Other Rooms:||The apartment is located on the ground floor with a separate entrance. The size of the room is 40 m2 with a king size bed (200x200cm) and a sofa which can be transformed into 2 single quality beds. In suite an Italian shower, WC and also a mini kitchen area and 4 windows with a stunning view on the hills and the vegetable garden.
Some beds can be transformed into twin beds
|Linen/Cleaning/Towels etc:||Linen and towels are included in the rental price, changed each week. Please remember to bring your own pool towels|
|Outside:||The pavilion has a garden space near the vegetable garden and a terrace in front of the kitchen.|
|Additional notes (if any):||Catering & Services
- Candle light dinners can be organized in the main part of the castle with the owners. It is a very special opportunity to have a real French dinner served with precious china and silver. Exquisite table settings. Price from 55 euros per person.
You can also have a very well-known chef who can cook for you and your guest in the
Keep or the Pavilion.
- The baker that you reach by foot has an exquisite Brioche and French bread.
- Bikes can be rented. 45 euros per week
- Facilities available for weddings, special events etc...
- A simple restaurant and a bar are located at walking distance
For your comfort
- Top quality bedding, blankets and sheets
- Free WIFI
- Dishwasher, large professional oven, refrigerator, microwave, expresso coffee machine, tea kettle, etc.
- Separate laundry room with a clothes washer and dryer
- Central heating and a supply of wood for the chimneys is at our guests disposal
-Baby cot, high chair, gated security for the access of the pool.
We can propose exclusive wedding by request. Each request will be treated exclusively.
In door reception in the castle: 30
In door reception in the dependencies reception room: 100
Accommodation in the castle with the keep and the Pavilion: 35
Accommodation in the dependencies for younger people, dormitories: 100
Chapel: there is little chapel but no vicar or priest available.
Catering on request
Other services: flowers, hairdresser, transportation, marquise hire etc… on request.
Terms & Conditions
Security deposit €800
Energy costs included in the rental price. There may be a charge in the winter.
Pets allowed on request with a supplement.
End of stay cleaning €120
No smoking in the property.
Insurance: It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
Swimming pool : The swimming pool (14m x 6m) shared with other guests. The swimming pool is not available for small children. They must be under full parental control and responsibility.The heated pool is open from June to September from 9 am to 7 pm.
- The client will be asked to provide a credit card at the time of arrival
- The castle declines any responsibility for accidents occurring to the guests during their stay.
- We request peace and quiet in front of other guests at any time.
- Any damage will be subject to a repair or replacement.
- The chateau reserves the right to charge the client’s credit card with any unpaid charges discovered after the client has checked out.
Posted by Mike I on 12/07/2010
Thank you so much for allowing us to hold our wedding at your beautiful home. Your stunning chateau was matched with your wonderful hospitality.
We have had a wonderful time
Posted by Anonymous Guest on 09/07/2010
Thank you so much for making your extraordinary home available for us to share. Christmas 2009 is one of our most memorable thanks to your amazing castle. We have had a wonderful time and congratulations on doing such a fabulous job in restoring the building so fabulously well.
A Christmas to remember
Posted by Carolyn Jack on 08/07/2010
Thanks so much for a memorable Christmas in your castle!