This petit chateau offers something for all ages.
Set in the heart of a beautiful market town, yet entirely contained within private and quiet walled gardens, this petit chateau offers something for all ages, including a large, 14 metre pool. The chateau itself can sleep up to 8 guests comfortably. The Chateau is situated near a lovely market town that plays host to several events during the year, including night markets and local antiques brocants. With just a short walk from the house you can pick out your own seasonal vegetables, foie gras, local cheeses, olives, breads and much more. There are several restaurants, bars and bakeries within walking distance, as well as the tranquil River L'Isle which feeds into the Dordogne.
|Bedrooms:||Two large double rooms with en suite bathrooms; two large twin bedrooms with a modern family bathroom|
|Kitchen:||A large kitchen/breakfast room that opens onto the terrace and pool area.|
|Living Rooms:||A large drawing room with classic stone fireplace ideal for winter parties.|
|Other Rooms:||A DVD room with flat screen TV that can be converted into another double using a sofa bed if required.|
|Linen/Cleaning/Towels etc:||All linen and bath towels are included in the rental price.|
|Outside:||The property opens onto beautiful mature walled gardens with electric gates at both ends and parking for up to four cars. Guests are welcome to help themselves to any seasonal fruits from the trees, including cherries, apples, grapes, peaches, apricots, pears and figs. The pool area is fenced with a child secure gate. There are several dining and seating areas around the garden and swings, a trampoline, slide and Wendy house to help occupy younger age groups. All amenities and restaurants are just a walk from the garden, including a tennis court.|
|Additional notes (if any):||Catering & Services
Please enquire at time of booking to arrange any of the activities listed below during your stay.
- Pilates sessions
- Massage and beauty including:
- Facials – with luxurious Charme d’Orient products from Paris
- Balinais Body Massage - soft, stimulating and totally relaxing
- Le Japonaise du Pied – relieves aches and pains in the foot, which affect how the whole body functions and relaxes
- Le Lys – a royal massage with four hands
- Shaitus – Japanese bodywork which calms the nervous system, improves circulation and alleviates stress
- Babysitting – enjoy a child free meal out at one of the restaurants a short walk from the house
- Nanny Service – let someone else take on the task of afternoon high tea and bath time while you enjoy some relaxation in the garden
- Children’s French lessons – ensure the kids make the most of their stay in France through immersion in the language and local culture. Young children will learn numbers, colour and foods through games, and they can even take a tour of the Thursday market with their teacher and bring back your bagette for lunch having ordered it themselves in French!
- Home Cooked Food –order in some freshly made dishes from the chateau's home cooked menu
- Grocery Service – get the fridge stocked up before you even arrive on holiday
- Chef Service – let a local chef and his team cook you a special gourmet meal and clean up afterwards. The menu may include: figs with Roquefort, fish roulard, filet mignon with foie gras and truffles, and duck breast with Armagnac and prunes. For dessert, some options may be Tiramisu and rasberry coulis or Pear Tatin with white chocolate ice cream
- Adult French Lessons – for teenagers studying for exams to adults wanting to brush up on their skills. All lessons are planned according to needs
- “Great Value Girls Day Out” – Colour Me Beautiful 90 minute analysis with image consultant. Includes lunch and what to wear to flatter your body shape, plus an peek into what’s current in the french boutiques
- French Cooking Course – for 2 – 5 people. Custom menus and lunch included. Great fun and very personalized
- Riding lessons
- Tennis and Canoeing.
Terms & Conditions
Security deposit £200 (cottage only) or £500 (chateau which includes cottage). This is paid on arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
Energy costs - Reasonable energy costs are included in the main house but there is an extra charge for central heating in the cottage as per usage.
No pets allowed.
Changeover day any day of the week.
End of stay cleaning - Please leave the property in the state that you found it. Alternatively an end of stay clean is available for €200.
No smoking in the property.
Insurance: It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
Other Ts and Cs - The owner prefers bookings of 2 weeks in the peak season but will consider one week bookings. Please enquire.
We couldn't have asked for more
Posted by Caroly and Family on 11/09/2010
We couldn't have asked for more from our holiday a hugely warm welcome, a beautiful setting, a fantastically equipped house, lovely weather -a real home from home. We hope to be back!
We will recommend to everyone
Posted by Owen Holt on 10/09/2010
Homely, welcoming, thoughtfully equipped. We recommend the ponies for the children, the local market, wandering the back streets of the town and as much relaxing and outdoor time as possible, thank you!
Wonderful time in your beautiful house
Posted by Anonymous Guest on 07/09/2010
We all had a wonderful time in your beautiful house. The children really loved the pool and walks into the town to buy breakfast! All the toys here were much appreciated. Thank you also to Heidi for looking after us so well.