Disney-style chateau set in a lovely 5 acre park.
Weekly price guide: £8351-£8518
Property Ref: CHA2341
This graceful, Disney-style chateau was built in 1575 and has three stunningly beautiful towers with impressive turrets. The Chateau is set in a lovely 5 acre park in the Cevennes mountains, and enjoys the river Luech flowing lazily along its boundaries. Nimes airport is just over one hour drive away (and the drive itself is incredibly scenic!) and the train station to the Montpellier coast and Paris is only a 15 minute walk away. The Chateau is within a minute's walk of a charmingly beautiful village with adjacent tennis court, shopping facilities, bars and restaurants. There are also many beautiful walks and drives to enjoy in the surrounding area which is also a haven for foodies - it's renowned for its wild boar, chestnuts and mushrooms. Check out the exclusive drone footage to get a unique, bird's-eye view of the place! http://youtu.be/rwPGxoxloww
- Master Bedroom with four poster double bed and en-suite bathroom with roll-top bath and walk-in shower.
- Bedroom 2 with 4 poster single bed and en-suite bathroom leading to bedroom 3 with circular tower with mezzanine raised double bed (for children).
- Bedroom 4 with three single beds and en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom 5 with double bed and en-suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 6 with double bed and en-suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 7 with double bed and en-suite bathroom leading to Bedroom 8 with circular tower and twin beds.
Note: Additional single beds may easily be placed in Bedrooms 2,3,4 & 7.
|Kitchen:||Vaulted Kitchen with Godin range cooker and Smeg Fridge leading to the terrace.|
Vaulted dining room with reception area leading to terrace with 24 place settings.
Vaulted study with internet access and chapel.
|Other Rooms:||Utility Room
Games room with snooker, table football and seating area.
Bedrooms 9 and 10 (both doubles) share a bathroom. In addition, there's a living room that can be made in to a further double bedroom if needed - please enquire for details!
|Linen/Cleaning/Towels etc:||All provided including pool towels.|
|Outside:||- Large terrace for dining and aperitifs. This really is one of the chateau's standout features, and if the weather's on your side (and even if it's not!) you'll find yourself drawn back to spend quality relaxation time here again and again.
- Ornamental pond with fountain.
- River frontage to Le Luech.
- Heated 16 x 6m swimming pool with Cuisine d’ete (summer kitchen with fridge, sink and full lunch crockery), terraces with BBQ, changing room, and WC. The summer kitchen is a fantastic addition which allows meals to be prepared and served right next to the pool - a proper slice of French high living!
- A 5 acre park area
- Guardian’s house - Rodney the caretaker is on hand at all times, but unless you need him you won't even know he's there!
- The property has the most beautiful river running along its boundary! Along its gentle banks you'll find dozens of beautiful places to take the children for fun and picnics. The kids can paddle, skim stones, use fishing nets to catch minnows and swim – all right outside the chateau!
- The chateau's swimming pool is designed to allow all-day fun and has a special paddling section for youngsters and a seating section for the older ones - nobody needs miss out on the fun, and in summer it makes the perfect focal point for a great family holiday.
- A single tennis court is available, just opposite the end of Chateau Chamborigaud's drive. The charges are modest and booking can easily be made through the chateau's guardian - ideally in advance to avoid disappointment!
|Additional notes (if any):|| On site concierge
Maid service included
Chef/Cook available (at extra cost)
Babysitting service available (at extra cost)
Small 4 x 4 Suzuki Ignis available for use by guests.
Special banquets and formal meals with canapés can be arranged.
Catering & Services
Included within the weekly hire package is a cleaning lady who comes twice per week. The chateau also has a local chef who is available for private dining, with beautiful local and organic food cooked for you for as little as 35 euro per head. She's a total dreamboat but she's popular and so must be booked in advance - please enquire at time of booking if you would like to take advantage of her amazing services.
The chateau has a full-time guardian, and he and his wife are available for airport transfers, baby-sitting/child-minding and chauffeur and taxi services.
Special banquets and formal meals with canapés can also be arranged during your stay - please enquire as early as possible to ensure you don't miss out!
Terms & Conditions
Security deposit £3000. This is paid by bank transfer 14 days prior to arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
Energy costs included except pool heating by arrangement.
Pets welcome but not inside.
End of stay cleaning included.
Smoking Allowed but not inside.
Insurance It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.